Grading and Abbreviations
TTOS grading standard
- C-10 Mint - brand new: all original, unused and unblemished
- C-9 Factory New - brand new: all original, unused, may evidence factory rubs and the slightest evidence of handling, shipping and having been test run at the factory
- C-8 Like New - complete all original: no rust, no missing parts, may show effects of being on display and/or age, may have been run
- C-7 Excellent - all original: minute scratches and paint nicks, no rust, no missing parts, no distortion of component parts
- C-6 Very Good: minor scratches and paint nicks, minor spots of surface rust, free of dents, may have minor parts replaced
- C-5 Good - sign of play wear: with scratches and minor paint loss, small dents, minor surface rust, evidence of heavy use
- C-4 Fair - scratched: moderate, paint loss, dented, missing parts, surface rust, evidence of heavy use
- C-3 Poor - requires major body repair: heavily scratched, major rust, missing parts, restoration candidate
- C-2 Restoration required
- C-1 Junk - parts value only
Alternative grading standard
- New in Box (NIB) - Brand new and unused in original box.
- Like New (LN) - Free of blemishes, nicks and scratches with little sign of having been used or handled.
- Excellent (E) - Extremely clean; may have tiny nicks or scratches and minor signs of wear.
- Very Good (VG) - Average condition; will have some scratches and wear.
- Good (G) - Below average condition with greater wear and scratches. May have some rust.
- Fair (F) - Shows considerable wear, may have scratches, chips and rust.
- Poor (P) - Suitable for parts or rebuilding.
Where an item is slightly better
or worse than one of the listed grades,
a plus (+) or minus (-) is added.
Any breakage, modification (such as repainting)
or major reproduction part is listed in the item description.
- LC - Link, Coupler
- KC - Knuckle Coupler
- CKC - Converted to Knuckle coupler
- BC - Broken Coupler
- SIT - Smoke in tender
- SIB - Smoke in Boiler
- PM - Pikemaster
- BS - Broken step
- RW - Rewired
- OB - Original Box
- NIB - New in Box
- SC - Solid Coupler
- TOB - Tattered Original Box
- OW - Original wrapper
- RB - Repro Box
- SFR -Slight Floor Rust
- CWC - Catwalk Chip
These products were graded on a scale of 1-10, 10 being mint (as in TCA standards).
The items are believed to be complete,
but without a list of what is included in each item,
there may be errors.
The Plasticville numbers may be wrong as most Plasticville products had multiple numbers,
and boxes were not always marked with the product number and items without boxes do not have any item number stamped upon them.
Many boxed items are dated to 1952/53 by way of stampings.